'THE IMAGE MAKER' Bruce Postle

I remember stuff - sometimes.
I don't remember where I put my keys, I don't remember why I walked into the back room, I don't remember my PIN and I always come home from the supermarket without what I went there for.

But I do remember the long hot summers of my child hood, school swim meets and blue ribbons, my grade four teacher, Miss Campbell, and I remember the day one of my class mates was called out of class on October 15 1970. His Dad was crewing on the West Gate Bridge that fateful day. (His Dad was OK by the way.)

You see, I remember the big stuff.

I recently had the great pleasure of meeting Mr Bruce Postle, Australian Iconic Photojournalist and true gentleman. Bruce remembers a lot of things, but Bruce's life has been one great string of big events.


Bruce has recently compiled a book of big things. It's a book of images spanning his 50 year career in the field. It's a fascinating pictorial history of Modern Australia. For me, it's wander down the memory lane of front page news with all the markers along the way that point to my own life's memories.
Bruce graced us with his presence at theLightRoom, this past week, where, over a glass of red and a beer, Bruce had us enthralled as he revealed the stories behind some of his greatest images.
Bruce's book is now available at theLightRoom. 'The Image Maker' $165.

Images by Bruce Postle – www.brucepostle.com
There are more than 450 images in Bruces book 'The Image Maker', you'll know many of them. See a small sample here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:22 pm

    Is such an amazing book and journey through the last 50 odd years. A must buy.

    ReplyDelete